The boys love cookies and I have to say I am pretty sure it all started with the cookie monster. The boys are in love with the cookie monster – he is pretty funny you have to admit – and they were keen to try out these magical cookies that he craves for.
Since then whenever we go out to the bakery, then cookies are always requested.
It is customary to give a child a small cookie here in Germany as a treat – and for free – when you visit a bakery. The boys never refuse.
So last week when the boys asked if we could bake some cookies, I thought what a brilliant idea. The boys had a great time making them, especially rolling them out. They had an even better time eating them!
What you need to make yummy cookies
- 225g unsalted butter
- 350g soft light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 225g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 400g flour (plain)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3
What you need to do
- Using a freestanding mixer, beat the butter and sugar together. It will become light and fluffy.
- Then add the eggs and mix well.
- With the mixer at a low speed, mix in the vanilla extract
- Then mix the flour, salt and bicarb of soda together. Then add to the dough. And this point it is easier to get stuck in and use your hands!
- Then add the chocolate pieces
- Once mixed together, roll out and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes – EASY!
So there you have it, a perfect rainy day activity for your own little cookie monster. Why not try it out at home? Let me know in the comments how you get on?
Do you have recipes that are great to make on a rainy day? I would love to hear about them.