Sun Craft for Preschoolers

Sun Craft for Preschoolers
The sun has made a welcome appearance and this week we have been doing a easy sun craft for preschoolers, why not give it a try?

Looking for a fun sun craft to do with the kids?

The sunshine has finally hit Germany!  At last we can enjoy some lovely weather – if it keeps up we will need to start thinking about outdoor crafts!

Last weekend, we did a fun craft with the kids.  We made some sunshine, well a sun to be exact!  What I liked about this craft is that we could use up all the bits at the bottom of the craft box.  Providing it was yellow in colour of course! I am a bit of a hoarder and don’t through anything away, so we have lots of scarp material in a box.   You know, just in case!

What you need for this sun craft:

• Blue card
  • Yellow scrap – any kind!
  • Yellow pipecleaners
  • glue stick
  • yellow glitter glue
  • wiggly scissors

What to do:

First up we cut out a circle with some wiggly scissors.  This gives it a really fab shape.  We used a plate to draw around and get the perfect circle.

We stuck the sun onto the blue card.  Then we glued the pipecleaners in place, to make the sun rays.

Then the boys stuck whatever yellow object they could get their hands on onto the sun.  They also used yellow glitter glue to give it a bit of a shimmer.

And that was it, a lovely bright sun for the kids to make.  I loved that they could do this craft with just supervision, no help was needed apart from a little guidance on cutting out the circle.

The boys loved doing this craft and are now convinced that this is the reason that the sun is now shining!

sun craft for preschoolers

If you decide to give this craft a go, I would love to see the outcome!  Tag me on social media so I can see your creations.

For more activity ideas, see here: https://doublemonkeybusiness.co.uk/category/childrens-arts-crafts/

Sharing is caring

1. 10th June 2017 / 8:52 pm

Such a cute idea, my youngest would love it #craftycorner

2. 10th June 2017 / 2:11 am

I freaking love this! What a fun idea! Will definitely be doing this with my little ones! #MakeItLinky

3. 9th June 2017 / 3:29 pm

So sweet. We made some poppies a bit like your sun the other day. A great way to get crafty with younger kids #craftycorner

4. Caroline {Girl about townhouse}
    5th June 2017 / 12:51 pm

Such a perfect summer craft Yvonne! I’ll be adding this to the list of activities to keep my son amused during the summer holidays. #craftycorner

5. Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...
    2nd June 2017 / 6:04 pm

Sweet idea, kids love sunflowers! #sharingthebloglove

6. 1st June 2017 / 11:00 pm

This is such a good idea, and one that my boys could probably even manage without too much help too. #SharingTheBlogLove

7. 1st June 2017 / 6:09 pm

Oh I love these. Bright colourful sunflowers. Perfect for keeping little ones amused and looks great too x

8. 1st June 2017 / 1:50 pm

Brilliant! I’m absolutely terrible at crafts but think I could manage this one! Perfect for keeping the sunshine around if the British weather decides to let us down this week. Thanks for sharing #SharingTheBlogLove

9. 22nd May 2017 / 2:17 pm

Oh this looks like a fab idea – my two would love it. Let’s face it, who couldn’t use a bit more sunshine! Thanks for sharing with #DreamTeam lovely x

10. 17th May 2017 / 3:20 pm

Such a fun craft… We’re definitely in need of some sunshine here at the moment! #DreamTeam

11. 17th May 2017 / 8:12 am

What a fun craft! The youngest of my grandkids would enjoying making a sun. So bright and cheery!

12. 16th May 2017 / 11:31 pm

So bright and cheerful, can totally see why your boys think they made the sun come out!

13. 16th May 2017 / 10:43 pm

I love this! We have a wall in our kitchen which we always try to fill with seasonal art that we have created together, and I was just thinking of ideas to replace our Spring display! These are deffo on the list! #DreamTeam

14. 16th May 2017 / 6:48 pm

This is so cute Yvonne. Sunshine and yellow are my two favourite things! Alice would love to do this and I think she could manage it on her own x

15. 16th May 2017 / 5:39 pm

This is a very good project, I need some projects like this for my grandchildren, soon they will be enjoying their summer holidays, Yellow bright colour looks awesome.

16. 16th May 2017 / 4:08 pm

This is such a fun craft! I’ll be my nephews would love to make one of these! And it’s totally the perfect time of year for it here. 🙂

17. amyathealthhomeandheart
    16th May 2017 / 12:35 pm

This is a cute idea! I love that you can just use whatever yellow scraps you have on hand, and that it’s simple enough for very little ones. Thanks for sharing!

18. acraftymix
    16th May 2017 / 10:27 am

That’s a great idea to bring a little bit of sunshine back into our lives Yvonne. It’s been raining here for days and I desperately need a sunny vitamin D fix right now