Easy Cakes for Kids

Easy Cakes for Kids
Looking to keep the little ones occupied on a rainy day? Why not try these easy cakes for kids. They take no time to make and the kids can help to make them

Easy cakes for kids?  No problem…

As I am now on a normal sugar diet following no-sugar February! We wasted no time in baking cakes last week – and eating them!

The boys love to bake and it is a great way to pass the time when the weather is grim outside. As any regular reader will know, I am not a huge fan of weather that is rainy and grey.  With two active boys who are always full of energy it can be tricky to keep them occupied, happy and stop them fighting over toys.  So I am always on the look out for simple ways to entertain them and keep them occupied.

Easy cakes for kids

My mum used to make these little cakes when I was small.  They are incredibly easy to make and the boys can measure out all the ingredients.  They can do all the hard work too and be in charge of mixing!

Once done, the boys had a lot of fun decorating the cakes. We used Lindor melting chocolate, which just needs a quick blast in the microwave.  Then they can spoon it onto the top of the cakes, decorate with sprinkles and they are ready to be scoffed.

Don’t make my mistake though, we made these a little late in the day.  I had to convince the boys to wait to sample them as I wanted them to eat their dinner first.  Suffice to say they were not hugely impressed!

How to make Easy Cakes for kids

Easy Peasy Cakes

Servings 12 cakes

• 6 oz self-raising flour
  • 4 oz sugar
  • 4 oz butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp baking powder

1. Heat up oven to gas mark 8

2. Melt Butter

3. Add all ingredients into the bowl and mix until smooth

4. Pour into 12 cake cases

5. Bake in oven for 15 mins or until golden brown

So there we have it, really easy cakes that can be make in half an hour!

Why not give it a go.  Let me know how you get on in the comments.

To see other ideas to keep kids occupied, visit our activities page here.

1. 27th March 2017 / 2:05 am

These look simple and fun! I have two toddlers and the thought of baking fills me with dread, but will be better when they’re a bit older! #AnythingGoes

2. 26th March 2017 / 4:59 pm

I was going to bake today – but it’s mother’s day and the children have been playing a great game and entertaining themselves so I decided against it! Why spoil a good thing, right, I mean this only happens about once per year! Cakes look great though so I’m kinda regretting it now I’ve seen yours!!! 🙂

3. 26th March 2017 / 12:59 am

I do love a quick and easy cupcake recipe and these look delicious. Thank you for sharing with #bigpinklink x

4. 23rd March 2017 / 3:02 pm

Love making cupcakes, best part for most kids is licking the bowl!!! x

5. 22nd March 2017 / 9:07 pm

I used to make cakes just like this with my Mum when I was little. They’re so yummy and can be decorated in so many ways too! I’m looking forward to when Autumn is bigger when we can bake together! #MarvMondays

6. 22nd March 2017 / 9:00 am

I cant wait for Ben to get big enough to join me in the kitchen!! #anythinggoes

7. 21st March 2017 / 1:14 pm

These look fab! Alice loves to bake and wants to do it all herself, thankfully she is getting quite good at most things. Well done for holding off to after dinner, thats a mum win right there. Thank you for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

8. 20th March 2017 / 10:16 pm

They look yummy!!! Delicious. Thanks for linking up to the #bestandworst

9. barriebismark
    20th March 2017 / 6:06 pm

I’ll have to try this. My daughter loves to back, so I am always looking for new relatively easy things for her to try!

10. amindfulgeek
    20th March 2017 / 3:32 pm

OMG. These seem so easy! I personally love cooking so much but I haven’t let my little one help me very much in the kitchen. She’s almost 9 and after watch Masterchef Junior, I regret this. This seems like something she can easily make by herself. Saving! Thanks so much #MarvMondays

11. 20th March 2017 / 2:10 pm

Those look lovely and really easy to make. I can easily swap out the ingredients for allergy-friendly ones for my little ones too so will be giving these a go! #bigpinklink

12. 19th March 2017 / 7:51 am

Hi Yvonne, making little cake is a perfect way to keep little ones occupied and your recipe is so simple. Fancy making them wait to try one of their delights! I bet you were not Mum of the day in their eyes.

Thank you for linking up with the #MMBC.

13. 18th March 2017 / 8:10 am

I’ve just started introducing my little one to baking. He just eats the mixtures at the moment but we’ll get there! I’ll give these a go. #coolmumclub

14. 17th March 2017 / 4:20 pm

Hurrah for being back on the sugar! Max absolutely loves baking – he always has to do the stirring too (which is fine by me!) I’m impressed you managed to keep the boys away from the until dinner was eaten – I don’t think anyone in our family has that kind of willpower (me included!) Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove

15. 16th March 2017 / 9:01 pm

My kids just LOVE baking, although I have to say it quickly becomes apparent the truth is that they just love licking the spoon! I’ve pinned this – can never remember the basic mixture when I need to!

Thanks for linking up to #coolmumclub

16. 16th March 2017 / 12:25 pm

This is brilliant. Sadly we don’t have room for a microwave in our current kitchen as I used to love making mug cakes 🙂

17. 15th March 2017 / 3:08 pm

Ahh! These look fab. We love to bake and have been every Sunday afternoon for a few weeks x

18. 15th March 2017 / 11:31 am

Kids do love a bit of baking, it is always popular when I made cakes with the children here on holiday in our craft time. #BloggerclubUK