Join us as we share our elf on the shelf ideas.
Doodles the Elf has been making himself at home in week one!
Last week we welcomed our elf, Doodles back to the family.
It has been a bit of a quiet start for the elf, as week one has flown by in a blur.
Daddy Monkey was away. Mummy was flying solo and I think the elf knew he had to be kind to mummy (in other words Daddy Monkey has all the bright and inventive ideas!).
So here is what he has been up to in week one, for some elf on the shelf ideas:
From top (clockwise):
- The elf arrives and brings a note to say hi
- Doodles decides to tuck into D’s breakfast box for kindergarten – whoops, D wasn’t hugely impressed with this one
- The elf brings cake ingredients and leaves a note that mummy needs to help – thanks for that elf!
- Doodles stands guard by the boys boots, as Santa visits and leaves a note.
- Doodles decides to tuck into Daddy’s haribos while Daddy was away – cheeky!
- The elf plays Daddy’s guitar – don’t tell him…
- Doddles decides to is too tired to fly home to Santa and just calls instead
Meanwhile, those that follow my Facebook page may have already seen that this happened:
As you can imagine this was not my finest mummy moment.
Face palm moment!
I really think I need to set a reminder on my phone, to remind him to fly back to Santa each night. For those wondering how I managed to get out of this particular situation – I told the boys they had woken up too early. I thought it might set me up nicely for them starting to sleep a little later. I thought wrong. Anyway crises averted, for now.
Wonder what he will get up to next week? I would love to know what antics your elf has got up to this week. Please tell me that our elf is not the only one that sometimes forget to visit Santa in the night.
Not an Elf on the Shelf fan? Why not check out my friend Gemma’s alternative: Deer with a Beer!
*This is not a sponsored post, we already had an elf coming to stay*