Christmas Decorations – Crafty!

Christmas Decorations – Crafty!

We have been getting crafty this week and made some Christmas decorations.  They were so much fun to make I thought I would share them.

Christmas Bauble Decorations

Do you have any christmas decorations that are looking a bit tired? Why not let the kids lose with some paint and make some unique baubles to hang on the tree?

All you need:

• Paint
  • Decorations
  • Little helpers with paintbrushes and fingers

A little boy dips his finger into orange paint ready to put fingerprints on red baubles. A little boy paints a red bauble white and blue.

We had some baubles that we haven’t used the last few years so we just let the kids paint them.  L used his fingers to make spots and D painted them.

Easy peasy and once dry you can hang them on your tree.

Two red bauble decorations, newly painted and hanging up to try.

P.S. Don’t do what I did. I dropped them on the carpet when hanging them up to dry – whoops!

Frosty the Snowman

I have to admit I cannot take the credit for this fun craft, it was Daddy monkey who came up with the idea.

So all you need is:

• black card
  • potato cut in half
  • scissors
  • black and orange pen
  • white paint
  • String

A little boy uses a potato to stamp white paint onto black card, making snowman shapes.

So, this is also very easy but you need to do it in two parts.

Part One:

You dip the cut in half potato into white paint and use them as stamps to make snowman shapes on black card.

You need to then leave this to dry completely

Part Two:

Use the scissors to cut out the snowman shape, including a black hat on top.  This saves having to cut out a hat later and sticking it on.  Then use the black and orange pen to make the eyes, nose, mouth and scarf.  Then just thread some string through the hat to hang them up.

Three snowman decorations lined up and ready to be hung up on the tree.

I would love to know how you get on if you try this out.  These crafts are great for a rainy December day.

I love it because I can keep these crafts in years to come, little keepsakes of Christmas 2016.

We made Christmas decorations with the monkeys this week. Check out the blog to see how we made festive snowmen and upcycled baubles for the tree.

1. 7th January 2017 / 11:33 pm

What a great idea! My three year old is very crafty and would love doing something like this. We definitely have a couple of baubles that could do with a bit of a makeover 😉 Another post to come back to next Christmas! Thanks for linking this up too, Emily #MarvMondays

2. 24th December 2016 / 5:08 pm

Two great ideas, both with lovely results! I love handmade Christmas decs, they’re so personal.
    Thanks for linking up to #AnythingGoes 🙂
    Debbie

3. 18th December 2016 / 3:04 pm

Aw what lovely Christmas crafts. We make some every year and I get all sentimental the year after when I come across them! 🙂

Thanks so much for being part of #MMBC. Hope you can make it tomorrow xx

4. 13th December 2016 / 9:12 pm

Yvonne, I love that you reused old ornaments! What a great idea. I have a box full of things that don’t match anymore and they could be redone! Send the boys over, I’ll put them to work. LOL Those snowmen are so cute! Your husband had a great idea. I love how they turned out. The boys should be very proud of themselves! You too!

5. 12th December 2016 / 2:58 pm

I love that snowman print! I think I will also do this in my Children’s Art Club. Thank you for the inspirations! 🙂 x

Thank you so much for linking up with us on #FabFridayPost

6. 11th December 2016 / 10:49 am

I love the baubles Yvonne, especially the ones that look like they’ve been marbled! Great idea with the potato printing too. I do love making decorations. Hoping to make some more myself today. Sarah #FabFridayPost

Author
      12th December 2016 / 11:33 am

Oh hope you had fun creating new masterpieces ! x

7. 10th December 2016 / 10:22 pm

These look good fun to me. #BloggerClubUK

8. 9th December 2016 / 5:07 pm

These crafts are so cute! I think I might have everything for the snowman one. I’ll have to check and see. It would be the perfect thing for me and my nephew to do! What fun crafts! 😀

Author
      12th December 2016 / 11:33 am

Oh, I would love to see the results, have fun x

9. 9th December 2016 / 3:53 pm

Wow, very nice ideas and kids can take part in painting. I like the snowman with the black hat.

Author
      12th December 2016 / 11:32 am

Thank you, I love them too. Such a fun idea. x

10. 9th December 2016 / 1:58 pm

Very cute. Love the snowmen. Good job, Daddy Monkey!

Author
      12th December 2016 / 11:31 am

ha ha he will be very pleased to get the credit 🙂

11. 9th December 2016 / 1:43 am

Little people sure bring the biggest of memories. This will be a lovely keepsake for your family.

Author
      12th December 2016 / 11:32 am

It will be so nice to bring back those memories year after year 🙂

12. 8th December 2016 / 6:59 pm

What adorable ideas! Little fingerprint ornaments are my favorite. I just love taking them out each year and remembering how little they once were.
    #sharingthebloglove

Author
      12th December 2016 / 11:31 am

It is so nice to have them to look back on x

13. 8th December 2016 / 6:16 am

Great ideas Yvonne and those little snowmen are so cute with their top hats and scarves. I still use the decorations my kids made when they were small and they still make me smile every time I hang them up <3

Author
      12th December 2016 / 11:30 am

It is so nice to have something to hang up year after year, I love my collection so far. xx