I completely forgot to celebrate our six-month anniversary!!! Double the Monkey Business is now nearly seven months old and I cant believe how much has changed in that time. I did read that a lot of blogs don’t make it past the first year, so I am excited to be over half way there!
I think now is a good time to really reflect back on the past seven months, think about the future and (gasp, horror!) maybe get a plan together!
What have I achieved?
Sharing my HELLP syndrome story
- This has been huge for me. I can honestly say I feel like a different person now that I have got my story out there. It has helped me hugely. I have been encouraged by the lovely comments that people have written. I have loved speaking to people who have been through the same as me and understand what that feels like.
- I love that I have been in contact with the Pre-eclampsia Foundation and I have been so happy to help raise awareness for their campaign in May.
- This is huge for me. I realise that this isn’t a paid gig, but to get the recognition to write on their website has been the highlight of my blogging year. To visit my profile, go here.
- I have said it before, but I have been so pleasantly surprised by the blogging community. I had not idea that all those lovely people were out there. I have been blessed to be able to say that some of those community members have become close friends – you know who you are!!!!
- I was a bit unsure if I would have time to do the blogging challenges when I first heard about them. How would I fit it in I wondered. However, I am so glad that I gave it a go. It changed everything about my blog, how I write, what I write about, the frequency of my blog posts.
- In April I moved to self-hosted and I have never looked back. I guessed that would be the case, I just was frightened to make the leap. The website is not exactly how I want it but I will come to that…
- I was excited to be given the opportunity to review a few things on the blog. It has added an extra dimension to my website.
Meet other mums
- I have become a regular blogger for www.meetothermums.com. This has been so exciting for me, especially as I am in such good company 🙂
- I have loved featuring some guests on my blog. I have been fascinated by their individual stories.
This weekend we are off on holiday to Bavaria.
I am hoping that taking time away from work, school runs and general day-to-day monotony, provides an opportunity to about what I want to do with this blog and where I want it to go.
What do I need to plan?
Review my social media outlets, what works, what doesn’t
- Decide if I should just focus on a couple of these rather than tackle them all. Once I have figured this out, I need to decide how I am going to use them.
- This is something that I want to give a bit more love to over the coming months. I will plan out how I am going to use this a little more and try and post there everyday with different things, ie: instagram photos, blog posts and general updates.
Review the links ups, what works, what doesn’t
- I want to get this down to a handful of linkups that really work for me.
Buffer and Hootsuite
- This is something that until this week I had not really used. I plan to try and use this to help with my Facebook page, hopefully setting things up in advance to auto-schedule might help me become more organised.
HELLP syndrome and pre-eclampsia awareness
- My story has concluded but I still want to keep raising awareness. I plan to start sharing other people’s story on my blog.
- I completely missed the boat with this in 2016. 2017 will be different and I plan to go to a couple throughout the year.
- The only problem is that I don’t know where to start with this. I hope the blogging conferences next year will help with this.
- Work out what I am going to do throughout the week and when.
- I would like to have a proper think about what I want from the layout of my blog as I am still not really happy with it. I want to consider different themes and look into the possibility of buying one for a more professional look.
Brainstorm some ideas for future posts
- This is always good to have in my back pocket for busy weeks or when I have blogger writers block!
I have said a few times before that so far I have been pretty much flying by the seat of my pants since I started this blog! The main reason for this is I just didn’t really have a clue where I was going with it. I didn’t know what I wanted out of it. Most of all, I didn’t realise that people would actually want to read my stuff!
I am starting to wonder now if I should maybe take this whole blogging thing a bit more seriously!
Wish me luck!