We are excited to be going on holiday in a few weeks time, especially the kids. Every day this week they have asked if we are leaving today. I am seriously starting to regret telling them. Note to self: in future tell them just a few days before.
The plan is to look out the suitcases the week before we go on holiday. The plan is to pack a little bit each day. Being fully prepared and not panic pack.
Who am I kidding…we will – as usual – leave it all to the last minute. Probably still packing one hour AFTER we are meant to have left the house.
A few things that I will definitely be packing for the car journey:
- iPads: very important for keeping boys entertained
- Headphones: hugely important for parents sanity
- iPads chargers: made the mistake of not having these handy before ***shudders***
- Change of clothes: The boys will almost certainly spill juice all over themselves at some point.
- Food: Essential due to Bob L saying “I am really hungry” every ten minutes. I am sure he has hollow legs.
- Bob D’s special blanket and Bob L’s puppy and bear: very important… must not leave at home or whole holiday will be a disaster!!!
We will hopefully be sorted for a peaceful car journey. However, I am guessing that I will probably have to sit in the back of the car to stop them fighting at some point.
A different kind of holiday
The type of holiday we have has changed a bit since two became four.
In years gone by we would quickly pack a bag, hop on a plane and spend the week relaxing and drinking cocktails.
I think it is safe to say that our holidays are now less like this:
And more like this:
But, I can honestly say I would not have it any other way. Family holidays are memories that I treasure from my childhood. These holidays are something that the boys will remember for years to come. It is so nice to have time away from normal family life, not having to worry about packing school bags or being late for kindergarten.
I also love that the boy’s are old enough now to get the concept of going on holiday. They understand what that means now. I love they are excited about it.
I remember as a little girl counting down the sleeps until our holiday. This is a tradition that I have started with the boy’s.
Stay tuned to hear all about our week away. I am pretty certain it will provide an abundance of blogging material!!!
Want to read more about our family life, click here.