Ten Things Best Things About February
February seemed to pass in the blink of an eye. Especially in comparison to January, which seemed to last forever. I am pleased that March has arrived and spring is on the horizon.
So, as it is the start of a new month, here are my top ten things that happened in February:
- At the start of the month we had an unexpected visit from my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. These guys are the ones who sold their house to make a film, I mentioned them in my last blog post. They currently live in LA and we had not seen them since the summer. This was such a long time for us, we used to see them all the time when we lived in London, in fact they even lived with us for 6 months. They came over to see the monkeys – and the hubby and I of course. It was so lovely to see them. We had cake, went on a beautiful walk and enjoyed some lovely wine in the evenings once the monkeys were in bed. The weekend was over all too soon and we were soon wishing them farewell, as they headed back to LA to follow their dreams.
2. Number 2 on my list is my recent claim to fame! At the beginning of February I was followed back on Twitter, by the one and only Gary Barlow!! I have been a huge fan of TT from the beginning. I was one of the teenagers that joined in the hysteria of their early days, covered my walls with their posters and cried when they split up. I rejoiced years later when they reunited and have been to every gig since. These days I go to concerts with my partner-in-crime, fellow twin mummy, Vic. It was due to her intervention, that I got my much sought after follow.
3. My girls night out in January – that I mentioned in my last ‘Ten Things’ blog post – allowed me to spend time getting to know my neighbour. She has lived on my street for a while and is such an lovely lady. This week I popped over to her house and shared a glass of wine with her. I feel very privileged to now have her in my life. She has also been a great support to me as I face what happened with HELLP Syndrome head on. She works at the hospital, has seen HELLP cases before and truly understands what this has meant to me.
4. After my first winter wonderland post, we thought it was a better idea to try and go away for a weekend. So we booked a little weekend away for the four of us. This is our second family holiday, just us, since the boys were born 3.5 years ago. We are on this lovely break now and I blog as my children have a rare nap. This never happens and I am wondering if they will sleep this evening? You will need to wait for Winter Wonderland – The Revenge, to find out how the holiday went.
5. We have not been to Scotland for a long time. So we booked a wee trip to see family in April. I am excited to have something nice to look forward to. The boys are excited about going on a plane and being spoiled for a weekend.
6. I was really pleased to be invited to do more hours at work this month. It means I have more time to build my portfolio up. I am really enjoying my job which is a huge bonus.
7. I feel like I am really hitting my stride with my blog. I am thrilled that my stats doubled in February. I really like doing the 30 Day Blogging Challenge, as this has given me some new ideas to blog about. Nice to have a bit of a rest from the emotional HELLP Syndrome posts too.
8. The boys attended Carnival this month. They had a great time, singing, dancing and eating cake. I was pleased they got to experience it, last year they both had tonsillitis and missed out 🙁
9. One of our monkeys, Bob D, skied for the first time this month. He was a little wobbly but loved every minute. The monkeys are not impressed they have to wait until they are four to attend ski school.
10. This month the monkeys discovered shadows. They think it is funny I make different shadow shapes on the wall with my hands. Bob L was so impressed when we were out on a walk recently and he noticed the shadows on the ground. Its the simple things in life!!!