Snowflake, snowflake, little snowflake….

img_9680

“We are a little like a snowflake…. unique and one of a kind”

Unknown

If you share you lives with little people, then I am sure that the excitement of Christmas has already started to creep in.

It is not even December yet and the boys have been signing Christmas songs, making up a Christmas dance (which was very strictly!) and asking – daily – if Santa is here yet. I have been so fed up trying to remember how many sleeps there are until Christmas that yesterday I dug out the Christmas countdown ornament that we have. The thinking was that this would help stop the constant questions. And, guess what.  I was wrong…..

As you have probably realised from reading my other posts lately, the boys love getting crafty. So I thought we could do some fun Christmas crafts to keep them occupied.

Little did I know that this would get messy…. Very very messy.

I thought it would be fun to make white a snowflake out of handprints. How much fun would that be?

Lots of fun as it turns out, until one child steps – thankfully barefoot – in the paint and then runs away. Queue one freaked out mummy trying to stop him before he got to a carpet! Serves me right for being clever and doing crafts in the utility room floor, as I thought it would be easiest to clean up.

Anyway, if you fancy having a go at this, here is how we did it. I would recommend trying this without the drama!

Warning, this is craft is easy peasy!!!

What you need to make a snowflake:

• Coloured paper
  • White paint
  • One hand

Blue Card. White paint on an orange plate. One little hand covered in white paint and ready to start making snowflakes

So, all you have to do is let your little one dip their hand in the white paint and repeatedly put this on the card. Then, each time you turn the card slightly.

A little finger adds snowdrops to his blue snowflake pictures

Once done, you can add to the snowflake by making little snowdrops with the tips of fingers.

The end results - a snowflake and snowdrops done by little handprints and fingers.
The end results - a snowflake done by little handprints

I thought it looked really effective. If you have a go please tag me on Social Media so I can see your snowflake!

Ho, Ho, Ho….

We have been getting festive with our crafts. This is perfect for children as they make a snowflake out of their handprint and white paint. Really easy and a great art attack for Christmas.

1. November 23, 2016 / 9:44 am

Great idea. Think we might do this or something similar. My 3 year old is practicing for her nativity so know what you mean about Christmas starting early!

2. November 23, 2016 / 10:40 am

That looks fun and messy – but the good kind of mess 😉 Haven’t done any crafts with T for ages. Must try this perhaps over the weekend? x

3. November 23, 2016 / 1:48 pm

Such a lovely, simple and fun activity and absolutely perfect for this time of year. On my list of afternoon activities!

4. November 23, 2016 / 7:32 pm

Even though it was messy it sounds like it was a lot more fun though, lovely craft to do with kids

5. November 23, 2016 / 8:50 pm

Maybe if we get a nice day and can do this outside. I’m kind of a freak about messy projects in the house! #waywow
    jeremy@thirstydaddy recently posted…Shaddup and EatMy Profile

6. November 23, 2016 / 10:43 pm

This is so cute! I adore hand print art, but get a little stressy about the mess! Kaz x

7. November 23, 2016 / 11:04 pm

never mind your little ones being excited I’m super excited for Christmas haha. This is such a fun way to get children excited 🙂 x
    Izzy Wong recently posted…Autumn Vibes #32 (Smart Casual)My Profile

8. November 24, 2016 / 5:40 am

LOL, Messy kids are happy kids in my opinion and the monkey’s must have had a ball making these snowflakes. You’re such a creative mom, Yvonne. I love how you always spend quality time with your little ones and let them explore the little artists inside
    Michelle recently posted…A Broken Something Becomes a Bookish Side TableMy Profile

9. November 27, 2016 / 6:10 pm

I love how you keep the kids busy with fun activities, they seem to love them so much and it’s fun for you all. That is, until someone steps in the paint! I would have been freaking out! I hope you did reach him before he got to the carpet!

These look so cute and they would be a great Christmas Card idea for the grandparents and other family members. And it will be a cute art piece to save as a memory. Especially since it has a great story attached to it!
    Nikki Frank-Hamilton recently posted…Stylishly Cozy Throw Pillows|Make Lemonade ShopMy Profile

10. December 2, 2016 / 8:30 pm

Aww, I love this! I’m looking for some very very simple craft ideas to make Christmas cards and this looks like it might just be easy enough for us to tackle! Luckily Max doesn’t like having painty hands, so he’s likely to just stand there holding his hands out shouting ‘clean’ at me rather than running wild! Thanks for joining us at #SharingtheBlogLove
    Katy – Hot Pink Wellingtons recently posted…#SharingtheBlogLove #23My Profile