Halloween Crafts: Get Your Spook On

picmonkey-image

It is Halloween week and the boys are very excited about it.  I am currently trying to track down some Star Wars characters for the kids to wear. I suspect Amazon will be my friend.

They were incredibly sad this weekend that it wasn’t halloween already.  So, I decided to do some spooky crafts with them instead.  Here is some of the things we got up to.

Painting Halloween Pumpkins

We did carve two pumpkins at the weekend.  However, if you follow me on Instagram you will know that we bought more than one pumpkin. I think the final figure was 8!

Carving pumpkins is not my favourite job – and the boys hate scooping the innards – so I decided to let them paint a few as well.

Three pics: two boys in green overalls paint small pumpkins, using yellow, green, brown, orange and white paint.

They loved this and the final article is a little bit different to the usual carved pumpkin.  It is definitly an interesting edition to our halloween haul.

Halloween pumpkins, three painted in various colours dry on a floor

Pumpkin Paintings

The boys were far from done after they painted their pumpkins, so I had to think pretty quickly about what we could do next.

So I grabbed an apple, cut it in half and let them use them as stamps.  The orange paint on the black background gives a pumpkin effect.

Orange Paint, An apple cut in half and a little boy using the apple as stamps to paint pumpkins

Spooky Spiders

It was pretty unusual for us to be two crafts down and the boys want to do more!  However, their excitement for halloween kept them going.

I asked what they wanted to do next and they both said they wanted to make spiders.  Only problem was, I had just used all the black card!!

I then remembered we have loads of cups from washing machine powder which is gathering dust in the laundry room.

So I grabbed two, and we set about covering them in white crepe paper.  Once glued on, I made 8 holes and we threaded pipe cleaners through to make the legs.  Help from mummy definitely required for this one.

The boys then made the faces.

They were very happy with their new toy and went off to play with them.  Unfortunately, I was left to clean up.

Art Supplies, then the finished spiders - one with a happy face and one with a sad face

Happy Halloween

I hope everyone has a great halloween, stay safe and have fun!

We are doing halloween crafts over on the blog today, so you can entertain your children leading up to the spooky day. No need for kids to be bored!

1. October 26, 2016 / 2:11 pm

Those painted pumpkins look brilliant! I would never have though to do that, carving is always the obvious one but painting is so much more child friendly.
    #BloggerClubUK
    Kirsty – Winnettes recently posted…My Unexpected Mummy SkillsMy Profile

2. October 26, 2016 / 3:13 pm

Cute. Flump is having a party Saturday so I’m on the lookout for ideas! I’m so painting pumpkins this year- can’t be doing with the mess/hassle of carving

3. October 26, 2016 / 8:16 pm

I just love the spooky spiders! That is definitely going on my to do list although Bear (he’s two) always jumps up, puts his hands on his face and runs around screaming when anyone says “spider” Lol. Thats Hey Duggee for you hehe
    Bear and Cardigan recently posted…Study At Home With NCC Online – A ReviewMy Profile

4. October 26, 2016 / 9:36 pm

I love the pumpkin printing! Am going to try this with my kids this half term!

5. October 26, 2016 / 9:47 pm

I love these ideas so much. Especially the pumpkin painting. So simple but so much fun and perfect for toddlers to do. xx
    Chloe Ciliberto recently posted…3 DAYS IN FLORENCEMy Profile

6. October 27, 2016 / 3:13 pm

We settle for painting of pumpkins here also. Nobody likes cleaning up the mess, and the little makes me nervous with sharp objects. I like the apple idea, we may try that this weekend #waywow

7. October 27, 2016 / 10:05 pm

Ah I love the spiders…we did something similar. It won’t be long until Halloween and your boys will love it. Have a great time 🙂 Thanks for sharing with #bestandworst x
    Sarah Howe @runjumpscrap recently posted…Piglet is 1 Month OldMy Profile

8. October 29, 2016 / 1:11 pm

Now see if we tried this the paint would be on the wall, ceiling, and most probably up their nose haha. Lovely simple crafts though. I’ll crack open the craft box tomorrow afternoon, not that I really want to…
    Kellie Kearney recently posted…Meet Mumtrepreneur Ina Doyle From BumptobeyondMy Profile

9. October 30, 2016 / 9:00 am

The crafts looks so much fun. Crafting is always a big hit with my two they absolutely love been creative. Xx

10. October 30, 2016 / 9:00 am

11. October 31, 2016 / 8:36 pm

Yvonne, I hope that they have a blast tonight, will be watching Instagram for the photos. They are at such a fun age, how cool that they were so excited! Love all the craft ideas, and that you were able to quickly come up with more for them to do!!! Love the painted pumpkins!
    Nikki Frank-Hamilton recently posted…My “Ah Ha Moments” in BloggingMy Profile