Photography, Huffington Post and a Makeover

This week has been a tricky one as we are just back from holiday.  I have been trying to get into the swing of things again but I have found it hard.  The heat didn’t help me feel motivated, it just made me want to be on a beach with a cocktail.  Tell me I am not the only one that felt like that?

Anyway, normal blogging service will resume next week.

So what have we been up to?

Recently I have been trying to conquer Instagram.  I have been playing about with photography and I have been loving it.  Oh and a special thanks to the lovely Laura at Dear Bear and Beany, who kindly gave me some direction re Instagram earlier this week.  I very much appreciate it!

If we are not Instagram friends then you can find me here:

My Favourite photo this week has to be this one:

Water fight. I am not sure who is winning but I think I am losing. I am soaked. At least the plants are watered! ☀️💧💧💦💦☀️

A photo posted by Double The Monkey Business (@doublethemonkeybusiness) on

Huffington Post

Further to my post last week about the positives of having twins.  I now have a revised version published on the Huffington Post.

I have already had a great response from it and I am loving spreading the positive twin vibe!  Especially, as I am getting to send the message out to a wider audience.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to go into the post and see what you think.  Even more so I would love you to leave a comment if you can at the bottom of the post or give is a Facebook like at the top of the page.

I have been going a bit mad promoting this one, mainly because I feel so strongly about it.

So without further ado, here is a link to my post:

Huffington Post – Why you don’t have to worry about having twins

You will notice on here that I have ventured into the world of poetry.  It is my first ever stab at it and I quite enjoyed having something a little different to try.

Photography and A Makeover

Lastly, you may have noticed that the blog has had a bit of a make-over.  I would love to know what you think.

Please leave me a message in the comments 🙂

Actually writing all this out makes me realise, maybe it was not such a quiet week for Double the Monkey Business after all…

Cuddle Fairy

July 26, 2016 / 9:13 pm

thanks x

July 26, 2016 / 9:12 pm

Thanks again hun xx

1. July 24, 2016 / 9:30 am

I have been following your journey, and you certainly have been busy – well done with everything you have achieved, we can all see how much work you’ve put in and it’s paying off 🙂
    Sarah – Craft Invaders recently posted…Home-Made Bath Tea BagsMy Profile

July 26, 2016 / 9:12 pm

Thank you, I really appreciate that. x

2. July 24, 2016 / 4:24 pm

Gosh you have been busy! I too am on my quest to master Instagram! I love your make over – it looks fab. Kaz x

July 26, 2016 / 9:12 pm

Thanks and good luck with IG xx

July 26, 2016 / 9:11 pm

It is hard isn’t it? I only cope well in the heat if I don’t have to do anything ha ha! x

3. July 25, 2016 / 6:13 am

The heat has been extremely uncomfortable. Glad it’s cooling down. Good to know you are conquering Instagram.

July 26, 2016 / 9:11 pm

I didnt realise how much fun Instagram could be to be honest 🙂 x

4. July 25, 2016 / 10:01 pm

The boys look like they had fun for sure! I wish we were having that sort of weather, it’s been pouring down for what seems like forever here, I’m so over it!! You’re one busy bee for sure! Keep up the great work and don’t forget to take some “me” time 😀

Jordanne ||
    Jordanne recently posted…Parenting; Advice I DON’T WantMy Profile

July 26, 2016 / 9:10 pm

We have rain again now unfortunately. It was fun while it lasted.. x

5. July 25, 2016 / 10:08 pm

gosh you have been busy… im loving te new look … and huff post published,,, well done you
    jolene recently posted…Prawn and Corn NoodlesMy Profile

July 26, 2016 / 9:10 pm

thanks xx

6. July 26, 2016 / 8:49 am

I love your makeover! If you’re struggling with Instagram still, I have just written two posts (’10 Ways To Grow Your Instagram’ and ‘All About Instagram Hashtags’). I’ve tripled my following and engagement from using those methods.

Congratulations on getting published on Huff Post! And the blog…I really love the makeover. It looks so good! xx
    Chloe recently posted…AM I A BAD MUM?My Profile

July 26, 2016 / 9:09 pm

I have to say I have already been analysing your posts 🙂 they are fab and been really useful. Thanks 🙂 xx

7. July 27, 2016 / 9:39 am

Sounds like a pretty busy week to me! That’s great to be featured on Huff Post – I will definitely check it out! I’ve also been trying to conquer instagram of late, it can be tricky finding and sticking to a style that you’re happy with and that fits in with your every day life. Your blog design is lovely x #BloggerClubUK

August 1, 2016 / 8:19 pm

It is tricky, I am really enjoying Instagram so far. I love seeing everyone’s pics xx

8. July 27, 2016 / 12:12 pm

I am new to your blog but love the design layout. Big congrats on getting into Huffington Post, you must be feeling very proud. The holidays certainly make it harder to blog as so much time is taken up with entertaining the kids, their friends, family – it is nigh on impossible to find a moment to set aside for it and you are right – the heat doesn’t help. #BloggerClubUK

August 1, 2016 / 8:18 pm

9. August 14, 2016 / 7:28 pm

Congrats on your post being published on Huff Post! And if you have any tips for Instagramming then please send them my way as it used to be my favourite platform but now I’ve fallen out of love with it 🙁

Louise x
    Louise recently posted…31 Times I Wished I Owned Rachel Green’s WardrobeMy Profile