Did you suffer from pre-eclampsia?
Did you suffer or suspect you suffered from HELLP syndrome?
Are you a partner or Grandparent and want to share your story?
If so then I would love to hear from you.
We need you!!
When I started this blog at the beginning of the year, my aim was to raise awareness of pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome through telling my story. It seems like a long time ago now, since I first hit that publish button!
However, now I have told my story and I am looking for others to share their experiences.
You don’t have to be a blogger or writer. I am looking for anyone that wants to share his or her story. I am happy to help write the story so don’t let that put you off!
If you are interested please get in touch. I would love to hear from you.
I need you to help me spread the word, get your story out there and we can raise awareness together.
Send me a message and we can take it from there, either:
- Leave me a comment below
- Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send me a message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Doublethemonkeybusiness/or
- Send me a message on Twitter: https://twitter.com/von_nee
Did you know?
- Approximately 5 to 8 percent of pregnancies are affected by preeclampsia. This means that more than 6.6 million women worldwide suffered from this disease in 2002
- Preeclampsia causes 15 percent of premature births in industrialised countries and it is the number one reason doctors decide to deliver a baby prematurely
- Complications of HELLP syndrome – including placental abruption, permanent liver damage and acute renal failure – occurs in 25% of HELLP syndrome cases
- 40% of HELLP babies are small for their gestational age
- 10% – 20% of women with severe preeclampsia go on to develop HELLP syndrome.
- HELLP usually begins during the third trimester however some cases have been seen as early as 21 weeks.
- 8% of HELLP cases develop AFTER delivery
If you are suffering from any of these symptoms or are at all concerned, please speak to a health professional.
- Need more information on Preeclampsia? Visit: http://www.preeclampsia.org or http://action-on-pre-eclampsia.org.uk
- Need more information on HELLP Syndrome? Visit: whatthehellp.com or check out my previous blog post: http://doublemonkeybusiness.co.uk/2016/02/04/info-post-hellp-syndrome-what-is-it/
- If you want to read my story, visit here.