E.T. Phone Home

Day 16

30 Day Blogging Challenge

Do you own a smart-phone,  Tell me why you love it.

Not sure how much I can say about this but here goes…

Yes, I have a smart phone.  An iPhone, to be exact.

When iPhones were launched, my hubby was excited at the prospect.  My reaction: so long as you can text and make phone calls that is all you need. Why fork out a stupid amount of money on this new Apple product?

After some time – I can’t remember exactly how long, let’s say a year – I started to wonder what the fuss was about.  My hubby loved his iPhone and I was getting – dare I say it – jealous.

My contract was up and it was time to join the latest craze.  I ordered online… and waited!

When it arrived, I have to admit I felt excited.  My smug hubby mocked me: “I thought you never wanted an iPhone. I thought you only wanted it for calls and text messages. I thought you didn’t see the point.”  He was right, of course, but I ignored him.

It didn’t take long for me to fall hook, line and sinker for my new device.  Suddenly my phone was no longer just about texting and calling.  Oh no, it was so much more… I could access my email, Facebook and Twitter updates straight away.  Amazing.  I thought I would be so much better at keeping in touch with people.  I was lying to myself. Of course the reality is, I see the message, think I must reply when I get a minute, then promptly forget.

Last year, my phone was stolen. I had been stung by a bee moments before and in the confusion my phone disappeared.  If you ask Bob D he is adamant that the bee stole Mummy’s phone.  Maybe he is right?

I had to go a two whole weeks without my precious iPhone.  Actually, that wasn’t quite right, I had to use my OLD iPhone… which was slow and frustrating.  I felt out of touch and lost.

My replacement phone turned up and I had a shiny, new device once more.  Happiness was restored.

So in answer to the question, why do I love it:

• I love being in touch 24/7, which is especially great for promoting my blog.  I can do this on the go and with any free time I have.
  • I can look back at my photos whenever I like.  Especially useful for those nostalgia trips, when you look back at the kid’s baby photos and marvel at how amazing those little guys are.  Conveniently forgetting how hard it was feeding two tiny beings (CONSTANTLY) for months on end, with no sleep.
  • It is easy to use.  I am not good with technology at all, but iPhones are so incredibly easy to use.  Even I can do it.

So, in summary, I love my iPhone.  There, I have said it.  Hubby can smugly remind me how much I didn’t want one to begin with… again!

1. March 19, 2016 / 4:38 pm

I’m waiting on confirmation to see if I’ve been approved for monthly payments for a new iPhone 6s. I keep checking my emails! I’ve got an iPhone 4s, a phone I exchanged with my friend for a bag of organic onions when she was upgrading. I love iPhones, and now I want my own brand new swish one! 🙂

• March 21, 2016 / 5:05 pm

Oh exciting. Hope it works out for you :). That is a great story about how you bought your old phone 🙂 x

2. March 20, 2016 / 3:04 pm

my husband was the exact same.. he had an old NOKIA phone until recently .. and now he,s hooked.. glued to the phone at all times.. reading the news and watching u tube is his thing… and now he doesn’t know how he done with out it for so long

• March 21, 2016 / 4:58 pm

Always the way. They are amazing and you can’t live without it once you have one. It is great for news as well. It makes life so easy! X

3. March 20, 2016 / 9:49 pm

I’ve never had an Iphone but I could not live without my smart phone to be connected. I have the newest Sony Xperia and I love it because the camera is so great x

4. March 20, 2016 / 10:42 pm

I got an iPhone 6s on purpose so that the bigger screen would help with social media and blogging but to be honest i don’t get much chance to use it because work is so busy!! lol. However I can relate totally to your comments around messages I am still as crap as ever!! x

5. March 21, 2016 / 7:13 am

I’m due to upgrade at the end of the year…and I’ll be going to the iPhone 6S when I do. I started my obsession when I was given an iPod touch, then when I didn’t have WiFi I wanted an iPhone so had my dad’s old iPhone 4. My boyfriend then kindly upgraded me when we moved in together and I now am using the 5S, which I love but I need more memory! 16GB just isn’t enough!

• March 21, 2016 / 4:55 pm

Oh yes I had 16GB until last year when I bought a bigger phone – well by that I mean bigger memory. I used to run out of space all the time before xx

6. March 21, 2016 / 5:02 pm

Ha oh well it least it comes in handy if they break. One twin gets my phone, the other twin gets the hubbys, all to watch some person watching kinder eggs being opened on you tube (!) x

7. March 21, 2016 / 11:44 pm

I love my iPhone too, it’s amazing how much technology has improved over the last few years! I was a Samsung girl for years but just changed over to iPhone this year and I have to say I’m hooked! Sold my soul to apple but love how all their products integrate so well together!

8. March 22, 2016 / 11:01 am

I hate to admit that I love mine too. But I do worry it breeds horrendous lifestyle habits. Being able to promote our blogs on the move is pretty crucial though, right?… and at bedtime … and just quickly before dinner, and while the adverts come on … and quickly in the loo etc etc!
    Anna x

9. March 22, 2016 / 12:18 pm

I love my iphone so much, it is my connection to work and study and blogging. I am workin on putting it down more so i t doesn’t interfere with my real life #anythinggoes

• March 23, 2016 / 9:23 am

Yes I am the same. I have to have phone free time or I would be on it all the time. Especially as promoting blogs can be endless … Xx

10. March 22, 2016 / 1:43 pm

I love this, especially the part about the bee taking your phone!
    I’ve not got an iPhone, but I love my Windows phone so much! I’d be lost without it!
    Laura xx

11. March 23, 2016 / 2:46 pm

I couldn’t be without my phone these days. I have an iPhone but I’m itching to get my hands on a 6+ When my contract is up it’s so on the cards

12. March 29, 2016 / 9:59 am

I love my iPhone and can’t wait to upgrade, I feel completely lost if I don’t have it with me!