Celebrity Wishlist

Day 15

30 Day Blogging Challenge

If you spent 15 minutes with a celebrity who would it be and why?

Anyone that read my Ten Things – February 2016 post will know that I am a huge Take That fan.  So it will be of no surprise that I would choose Take That as the celebrities I would like to spend 15 minutes (or more?) with.

Okay, Okay… I realise that it says ‘celebrity’ in the title and I have picked five. However, I am bending the rules a little.  Mainly so I can post this photograph on my blog:

Vic Hemmett, my fellow twin-mummy, Take That friend and concert-buddy…this one is for you. Don’t say I don’t love you 🙂

So, where was I?  Oh yes…

I would love to meet Take That.  When I say this I mean all 5 members.  The original line-up.  I would love them to properly reform again, one more time.  Although I doubt Jason Orange wants to do it.  I gather he is keen to stay out of the lime-light these days.  Can’t blame him, after being that famous for so long.  It must get a little frustrating not being able walk to the shops without being asked for a selfie.  You never know though, a girl – and millions of other Take That fans – can dream.

I have been a huge Take That fan since I was 13.  They were my childhood pin ups.  I watched and recorded EVERY programme they were on.  My walls were covered in their pictures and I counted the days until new albums/songs were released.

Unsurprisingly, I cried when they split up.

Then… I rejoiced when they made a documentary to discuss their time in the band.

I was overjoyed when they reformed for a reunion tour.

I have been to every concert since.

One thing that this question doesn’t ask is: what would I say to them?  It is a fairly safe bet that, if I ever were to meet them, it is unlikely that I would be able to string a sentence together.  In fact, I assume that I would probably faint on the spot.  Classy!

****UPDATE: The hubby has complained about the naked bottom photo of Take That.  I am standing firm and not changing it ****

Pick N Mix Fridays
This Mum's Life
Cuddle Fairy

1. March 21, 2016 / 4:44 pm

Haha greedy wanting all 5 🙂 #bigpinklink

2. March 21, 2016 / 7:16 pm

Ha ha! You’ll be fighting off my sister-in-law for that 15 minutes! She is as big a fan as you. I on the otherhand was not (sorry!) I remember when they split though because lots of girls at school were crying. #bigpinklink

3. March 21, 2016 / 8:17 pm

Haha! I actually must be one of the only people my age (31) who wasn’t a massive Take That fan (ever!) sorry. The bum pic is good though 😉 Thanks for linking to #PickNMix

4. March 22, 2016 / 1:42 pm

Good for you for standing strong on the bum picture!! Wow, you are an absolute super fan!! I wasn’t a fan when I was at school, but was quite fond of them when they reformed!! I would love for you to meet them now! Anyone with your level of fandom deserves to meet their idols!
    Thanks for sharing with #bigpinklink!

5. anywaytostayathome
    March 23, 2016 / 2:52 pm

Ha brilliant, I saw them at Wembley a few years ago which was amazing! Maybe one day they’ll reform and you’ll get to meet them, in the meantime there’s always the photo 🙂 #BloggerClubUK

6. March 28, 2016 / 4:09 pm

I use to follow them too when it was the original line up and had a pen pal (shows how long ago that was) who was really bonkers about them. I have been to see them on their reunion tour which was great fun. Ive not seen them since. the bum picture is not that bad surely 🙂 thank you for joining us at #BloggerclubUK hope to see you again next week x

• April 1, 2016 / 6:36 pm

oh you should go see them for the anniversary!! Robbie is coming back if the rumours are true! x