Last week I was thrilled to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Bonny at Bonny’s Soulfood. Please check out her blog, she writes about fashion, beauty, food, wine and lifestyle.
I have to confess, I had not heard of a Leibster Award a few days ago. I have since found out it is a chain type of nominating and awarding. It is aimed at new bloggers, mainly to welcome them to the world of blogging.
- You have to nominate 11 bloggers
- You answer 11 questions that have been asked from your nominator and then you ask your nominees 11 questions of your choice.
- On your new post, make sure you give credit to your nominator . This is how we all get connected.
- This is for new bloggers so have fun and enjoy!
So without further ado, here are my questions from Bonny:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I decided that I wanted to share my story. I had a relatively rare illness, HELLP Syndrome, when I gave birth to my twin boys and I wanted to raise awareness. Over the few weeks since I started my blog, I have enjoyed doing other types of posts as well. It is good to mix it up a bit, keeps life interesting.
2. What are your 3 favourite blogs?
Although I have found it hard to pick just three. There are so many great blogs out there. I have discovered some amazing bloggers since I started my journey.
3. What is you weekly blogging routine?
Ha ha, well this is something I really need to get to grips with. At the moment I don’t feel like I have a routine. I plan to figure something out soon…
4. Have you ever been judged for blogging?
No not at all, I have only ever had good, positive vibes about blogging.
5. What kind of blogs do you prefer/what kind of blogs annoys you?
I am a parent, so parenting blogs are my favourite. I love Instagram inspired posts, hence why I started to do Sparkling Snaps, I thought I would give it a go! I also love posts on blog improvement, that is a big thing for me right now.
I don’t think I have blogs that annoy me as such. I don’t tend to read anything that is too technical though, as that goes a little bit over my head.
6. Do you like to travel; where have you been?
I love to travel, don’t do so much of it now I have little ones. I have seen some amazing places, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, New York, Colorado, Rome, Venice, Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Barcelona & Madrid. There is more than that I am sure, I just can’t think of any others right now.
7.What is your favorite song to dance to?
This changes daily but the last few days we have been dancing around the living room to Fast Car by Tracy Chapman.
8. Favourite season?
Doing these questions makes me think I must be really indecisive. I like all seasons, apart from winter. Here is why:
Spring: Full of hope. Love the evenings getting lighter. Everything is getting warmer. Birds are starting to sing.
Summer: The sun…well sometimes ha ha! BBQ’s. Lots of outdoor activities. Dinner outside every evening.
Autumn: Love the colours and the leaves changing. I like the nights getting darker – I know, I know…that contradicts when I said above but it does feel cosy and comforting.
9. Favourite colour for blog design?
I am loving bold colours at the moment, a bright blog always catches my eye.
10. What were the best apps/sites for promoting your blog?
I love Linkys’, there are so many of them and I find it hard to choose which ones to do each week. I can’t decide whether to do the same ones regularly or try and alternate. What do other people do? I have grown quite attached to the bloggers on the ones I go to regularly though and I don’t want to miss anything!
Facebook groups are great for blog promotion. I have found some great ones that I use regularly. Blogger Club UK, UK Awesome Bloggers and Bloggers United are my current favourites.
11. Did you enjoy this experience?
Yes I have.
So in order for me to collect this award, I have to nominate 11 other bloggers:
- And 1 More Makes 3
- Heart Written Words
- Shit Life of Nicole Palmer
- 42 Small Things
- The Flex Routine
- Salon Sites
- My Anomaly
- The Penarchist
- Raye Social
- Marina Writes Life
My questions for you are:
- When did you start blogging?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What are your favourite bloggers ?
- What are your favourite platforms for promoting your blog?
- What is your blogging routine?
- How often do you blog?
- What do you blog about?
- What would you like to do with your blog in 2016?
- What are your favourite hobbies?
- Do you have a free blog or do you self-host?
- Why have you decided to have a free or self-hosted blog?