I love the idea, so I have decided to try it out and spread some positivity.
I think it is a good thing to reflect back on ten good things that have happened, particularly as January has been plagued with sickness and flu bugs for our family. There has been hardly a day of this month where one of us hasn’t been sick. I am not going to lie this has left me a little fed up and just a smidgeon grumpy, so reflecting back on positives should cheer me up.
Anyway, here goes, ten things I have liked about January (in no particular order):
- We started the month hanging out with family. We had a fun party and the boys loved every minute of hanging out with their cousins, aunt and uncle. The highlights were: playing games and painting the boys’ new race cars.
- I had a great day at the local radio station’s, BFBS, opening day, I enjoyed meeting a whole host of new people as well as sampling the cake. It was brilliant to be able to write an article about our friends at the radio for the newspaper I work on.
- I got a Fitbit, which has been a bit of an eye-opener to me (I really don’t get a lot of sleep) and I am hoping it will be lifestyle changing. It is proving yet another thing to be addicted to and I am finding myself getting a little obsessed with hitting 10,000 steps a day.
- It was my birthday; I was ill BUT I did get great pressies and my husband rearranged a fab birthday dinner for me the following weekend to make up for it. It was very romantic – sorry for ruining your street creed Mr N.
- I had a lovely meal out with work friends, where we drank champagne in a great restaurant in town.
- The boys have been talking loads and I have loved finding out what is going on in their minds. Sometimes I don’t really understand it but it is fun anyway! I can honestly say I laugh out loud at least once a day by something they have said. For example, they have made-up the following joke: “why does the chicken cross the road?”, “because he doesn’t want to go home and he is avoiding the car” – very funny when you are three apparently.
- I started this new blog :). I am aiming to raise awareness of HELLP syndrome and also share some of the fun things we get up to.
- I had a rare night out with friends. I even went to a nightclub and danced until 3am – go me!
- I have been concentrating on twitter, again, and I am well and truly addicted, again..
- I started a yoga class, to help me relax on a Monday evening.
I was not very organised this month with regards to photos, next month I will have taken some to include on my post!
When I first started to write this, I have to admit I really struggled to think of ten things. Then..when I sat down and really thought about it, I could think of loads. I think that proves it is good to reflect back on the positives in life.
I would love to hear what your favourite things have been recently, feel free to share in the comments.