Then: Can you feel it?

I had often wondered when I would feel them move in my tummy and what it would feel like. I had waited for a lifetime to find out.

When I was pregnant I worried the whole time.

I had seen the scans, there was definitely two-somethings in there, but I couldn’t feel them. It was odd and unsettling.

How could my body be creating life and yet I couldn’t feel them.

But then..

I am in bed. Cosy.  Happy. Relaxed.

I startled; what was that?

Did I imagine it?

There it is again.

Like someone running a finger along the inside of my stomach.

Strange, magical, wonderful… nothing else mattered…

That was the start,  I could soon visibly see my stomach move as four feet kicked out from my bump.

It made every ache and pain worth it, as I watched my HELLP babies grow inside of me.

I didn’t know it as I lay there in the comfort of my own bed but we had a hell of a journey coming up…

Happy Diaries
Cuddle Fairy

1. James Neely
    January 28, 2016 / 6:36 pm

I can confirm there were definitely two somethings there!

2. January 28, 2016 / 7:05 pm

I remember that first movement so clearly (only with one baby in my case, rather than two!). It was crazy but lovely at the same time! #HappyDiaries x

• February 9, 2016 / 8:03 pm

It was a really lovely time, can’t believe it when I look at them now – they are so big I can’t believe they used to fit in there ha ! x

3. February 1, 2016 / 9:30 pm

Aw how lovely, two little sets of hands and feet, love the feet picture. That feeling never leaves you its with you for life now 🙂 I am pregnant with our second and this time it came even quicker. I will miss it in 14 weeks but look forward to the cuddles! Thank you for joining us at #BloggerClubUK hope to see you again next week x

• February 2, 2016 / 5:17 pm

Ah, enjoy the feeling, lovely to go through that again, I bet you appreciate it all the more the second time around, as you know it passes so quickly. It was the best thing about being pregnant. Although they did sometimes kick me in the ribs and that always hurt! X

4. Becky, Cuddle Fairy
    February 3, 2016 / 11:47 am

It’s so amazing when you can feel baby for the first time. It’s pure magic! It makes the connection between mommy & baby come to life! You say it beautifully here! #BloggerClubUK x

• February 9, 2016 / 8:04 pm

It is the first time I felt like it was real, before that I found it odd to think that they were growing in there when I couldnt feel anything.

5. February 3, 2016 / 7:10 pm

Those first movements are really magical. I hated most parts of being pregnant, but not the baby kocks, even when they were under my ribs.
    Thanks for sharing with us, Tracey xx #happydiaries

• February 9, 2016 / 8:06 pm

i have to agree, the kicks were one of the only things I liked too, pregnancy was very hard indeed. I really didn’t appreciate how hard it would be. x