Then:  Finding Out

I didn’t think I would have twins, it was not something that had occurred to me.  On hindsight I probably should have, after all my gran was a twin, as was my great-gran.

I knew deep down that something strange was going on.  I kept crying and by that I mean I cried for hours. I think 12 hours straight was the worst, all the way home from my parent’s house.  I had weird dreams of babies.  I thought I would take a test, it was positive and so, just to make doubly sure, I took another one, and another, and another.  I started to lose count, they were all positive.  My husband thought I had lost the plot and couldn’t understand it.

However, it was the multiple test taking which showed up something strange.  By my reckoning I was a few weeks in. One day the test said I was 1-2 weeks pregnant (exactly what I thought) the next day it said 3+.  Oh yes when I say I was doing test after test, it had to be the digital ones, they actually said the words ‘pregnant’ and that was oh so much more exciting!!!!  All makes sense now in hindsight, there were two babies in there, so double the hormones.

I had a miscarriage just a month before I fell pregnant with them, I was more than a little anxious, so we booked an early scan.  Lets go see if there is something there, there might not be…. then I would have confirmation that I had, indeed lost it.

Scan day came, it was cold, wet and windy.  I felt sick.  I walked into the room, saw the machines and started to panic.

I stared intently at the screen, at first it just looked like a weird mix of shapes.  The nurse said, ‘well there is certainly something there….. two somethings in fact’.   I saw two little blobs, they looked like jelly babies, two little hearts beating loud and fast.

I cried tears of relief, my husband went grey… our journey had started…..

*** Linked with A Green and Rose Life, My First Blog Post ***

1. 29th August 2016 / 1:04 am

I’m not a twin mom, but I was told that I would never have children. So, when I got pregnant, I blamed my symptoms on everything else. I couldn’t possibly be pregnant! I didn’t even take a pregnancy test until the first trimester was over, and didn’t go to the doctor until my fourth month.

6th September 2016 / 7:15 pm

Oh wow, that must of been a – lovely – shock hun x

2. 23rd March 2016 / 7:11 am

Having one baby at a time was bad enough on my hormones, I can’t imagine what 2 would do to you. So, how long before your husband stopped being grey and how old are the twins now? Thank you so much for joining in with #MyFirstBlogPost and I am having great fun reading where we all started from.

• 23rd March 2016 / 9:26 am

They are 3.5 years old now. Two boys. I am not sure hubby has ever fully recovered lol! I am loving reading everyone’s first posts too 🙂 x

3. 21st March 2016 / 9:39 am

This is a great first post! Oh wow! How exciting!
    #MyFirstBlogPost

4. 21st March 2016 / 7:41 am

And now I shall go and read more about how those twins worked out! I have huge respect for twin parents, I found one hard work! Now I have two with a two year gap which was just right for us. #MyFirstBlogPost.

5. 20th March 2016 / 9:34 pm

What a beginning! To the blog and to becoming a twin mum – lovely to read via #myfirstblogpost

6. 20th March 2016 / 11:15 am

This is a great first post. Really enjoyed reading it. Visiting from #MyFirstPost

• 21st March 2016 / 4:59 pm

Thanks. I am enjoying reading everyone’s first posts as well. Only half way through the list so far x

7. 12th February 2016 / 9:08 am

Oh honey thats simply brilliant. I can relate to that early scan we had one too for the same reason. Although we only had one and we are now at 29 weeks!! So almost on count down. A friend of mine had twins first time round and said it was fine as you didn’t know any different! She found the daughter she had about 6 years later more difficult #Momsterslink xx

8. 4th February 2016 / 8:46 am

Will definitely link in again 🙂 xx

9. Heather
    29th January 2016 / 11:35 pm

A fellow twin mama!! When I found out I cried tears of panic while my husband was the stoic one! I’d love to read more about your story. (I’ll just dig around your blog for a minute or two 😀 ) Just popping over from momsterslink!

• 30th January 2016 / 9:48 am

Yeah, always happy to find another twin mum 🙂 x